Charms & Tings Jewellery Care Corner
Jewellery Care Instructions
We are not responsible for how you wear your jewellery, however these tips can help you to prolong the life of your jewellery. Scratches, blemishes and lacklustre are signs of everyday wear. Proper care and regular examination can help you keep your jewellery looking its best. We encourage you to clean your jewellery with a polishing cloth.
Our handmade pieces are carefully crafted using high quality zinc alloy, hypoallergenic steel and cabochon (as per manufacturers’ stipulations, the metals are lead and nickel free). Fashion pieces will naturally fade or discolour over time but, with proper care, they too can last a considerable long time.
Wearing Your Jewellery
Charms & Tings’ Jewellery is designed or curated with utmost care and consideration. Fine jewellery (sterling silver ) will last for many years but will naturally tarnish and look lacklustre if proper care has not been taken.
Fashion jewellery, on the other hand, will lose it lustre and shine over time depending on the materials used but, with basic care they can also last a considerable period. Here are some basic care instructions to keep your jewellery looking its best :
- Always protect your jewellery from scratches, chemicals, and extreme weathers and temperatures.
- Research your cleaning products.
- Avoid spraying fragrance, perfume, hairspray on jewellery as it will impact on the integrity of the material.
- Remove jewellery when showering, bathing or swimming, particularly when on the beach, in the sea, pool or chlorinated water.
- Avoid wearing jewellery when undertaking physical work such as exercise, gardening, strenuous housework.
- Remove jewellery when applying makeup, moisturiser, creams or lotions. This is to prevent residues getting into the texture or bezel settings.
- Keep away from extreme temperatures and humidity.
- Use a soft lint free cloth to effectively keep your fine jewellery looking shiny and lustrous.
- Never expose your jewellery to cleaning products especially bleach or other highly reactive substances.
- Don’t let dirt build up.
- Don’t store all your jewellery together; sort them according to material and separate them.